House of 800 Projects
Yes, I mean my house...it's in a state of constant chaos. During the two week slope rotation when el husbando is gone, I start many projects - some to completion and some to mid-way. I have great intentions, then I get sidetracked...take last night for instance. I have a reading nook to finish, several pieces of furniture to re-finish, etc....but I indulged in wine consumption and started my duct tape dress for Duct Tape Ball. Why would I do this? Because my ADD crafter's mentality got the best of me and because the dress design was on my mind. Somewhere in the mix of a couple glasses of "seven young blondes", I got into a fight with a box knife. What? I know...I didn't need it for the project, who knows? The result was not pretty...nice cut on my midsection. I know...I wasn't supposed to be using it, nor was I supposed to be cutting toward me. Whatever, I survived.
Enough of the wine consumption and lacerations...here are several projects that have been going on. We planned to host a really fabulous First Friday event with a photo booth, so we made some fun props! Then it snowed
In the midst of party planning, I also had to complete 30 days of 30 gifts for my little sister (who is having a difficult time with the number "30". Do you have any idea how difficult it is to find 30 gifts that will fit into the tiny crate you've designated for the "30" gift?! Um yeah... She is very pleased so far, so it worked out! Hopefully this will help her ease into a new decade unscathed!
Then I worked on some stuff around the house: a little mailbox for the front entry (modified from Ana White's plan here). I've made several versions and LOVE the plan - cheap, easy, fun. And you can make them as funky as you want! Beck is modeling a 3-compartment version very well.
Then there was in issue with the shoes piling up at the front door...I was sick of looking at them. Old suitcase + painted legs = clean entryway. And yep, that "umbrella/softball bat" holder is an 8MM casing from a submarine. Or so I was told by the drunk guy in Spenard that sold it to me. That's a story for another day.
And of course, every girl needs a toolbelt - so I designed some girly ones based on my hot pink suede toolbelt. They are too fun and functional.
Then I got sidetracked with my home office...it was cluttered chaos and I couldn't take it anymore. Gave the bed to my lovely friend, Ape and turned my office into a happy little space. Here's a preview...the fainting couch (awesome craigslist find) needs to be re-upholstered and the roll top desk (another great CL find) needs to be refinished, but the new green wall is stunning! I'm already picturing a tea party in there...what do you think, Rach?!It's been a chaotic and sometimes productive winter...I will conquer! What projects are you working on? And which ones will be finished?!

Comments