Little Moments...Ballsh

The Pickle found an oversized bouncy ball in a basket a few days ago. She was stoked  - running around with it, hollering “Mommy: ballsh!”. I was about to show her how to bounce it off walls and stuff, then I remembered that she’s two and that would probably end in some costly home repairs. So, I laughed at her excitement, then I felt a wave of nostalgic sadness. The ball was part of our office “fun and games”…if you will. It started years ago when this crazy kid joined our office crew. He was like a ricochet rabbit – full of never ending energy and excitement – it was contagious, you had to play along. If you hit the stairs at the same time, it became a race to see who would hit the top or bottom first. He used to skip the bottom two stairs and just go for it…pretty sure no one beat him on the stairs. A few years back, he went to lunch at Guidos and came back with an oversized bouncy ball…he was bouncing it around the office and was stoked that he had a new activity. The next day he came in to my office “I’m going to Guidos, give me some quarters – we need more balls”. Who was I to argue – we could make it a friendly office competition of ball bouncing (or whatever). That’s what you expected when he was around – his exuberance over something; small or big…and there was always something that would make you laugh.
 
These are not things that I can explain to a two year old as she plays with this bouncy ball. But I will relish in her excitement over it and will smile nostalgically thinking of the ricochet rabbit. Then, I'll teach her how to bounce that ball...and it will be "AWESHUM"!
 
xo

Comments

Popular Posts