Running Away From Home...

Pickle-Nado in Action
...for the weekend. Why, you ask? Because it's freaking chaos and Mommy needs a 48 hour window that does not consist of saying "no" repeatedly, changing dirty diapers, force-feeding a toddler who just wants to run, cleaning up the food around the high chair, mounds of laundry, and just general craziness. I spent several hours feeling guilty about leaving town for the weekend, especially since I'm always telling myself that I need to make each second count with Pickle. Finally, el husbando told me to "just go"...I jumped on it. In a few short hours, I will be "running away from home" and I'm trying really hard not to start the anxiety train that will no doubt ensue as I'm walking away from the house. Are you picturing me hobo-style, with a bandana bag attached to a stick? I am...I read a lot of the Boxcar Children as a kid and always dreamed of being Violet.

But, really...I know that I'm a control freak. I also know that el husbando can handle the 48 hours of the Pickle-nado and frankly, it's probably good for him. Although, I'm picturing a naked toddler eating left-over pizza from dog bowls around the house...can't hurt her, right? :)

Seriously though, I just need to stop stressing over things that won't be such a big deal in the scheme of things. I don't know how moms with more than one kiddo can keep it all together - I can't even hold my shit together with one?! I've always been one to continue adding stuff to the schedule because I love chaos, but that's just silly talk now. Most of the stress has to do with all of the additional tasks I've added to my schedule. It all stems from the life change that occurred when we were given an amazing gift 18 months ago...we had assumed it would take a year to be placed with a child, so I made all of these plans. Then, booooom! She dropped into our laps, a mere five months from when we started talking about adoption. I don't know about you, but the second I set my eyes on that precious child, all of my "plans" slipped from my mind. It was amazing how your entire world is turned upside down and your priorities are shifted like you've never imagined! My memory disappeared too...it's like that karma my mom promised me, is really kicking my ass.

Like every other mother out there - SAHM's, working moms, etc...we are constantly working on the "balance" thing. That fun thing where we only have 24 hours a day and as hard as we try to make everything fit, it just doesn't. It's like the opposite of #winning. How could I have possibly thought that I could work full-time, run a boutique on the side, parent the Pickle Party, and pay attention to el husbando? Ambitious or really silly...either way, I'm making the most of my 48 hour hobo journey. Mom, make sure you have bail money ready!

Happy Thursday!
xo

P.S. I'll be that chick...the one scrolling through kid photos and crying over a beer in the airport lounge tonight.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I just found this blog!
You're a nut. But you're our nut.
I enjoy reading your posts. It's almost like we aren't hundreds of miles a part.
Life is an adventure and having the terrible twos in your household is like having many adventures a day that just don't make sense. It will be gone before long and replaced with the silent treatment. Love you girl.
Mom said…
Hmmm...I have no idea which one of my family members posted the comment above?! :) Anyone??

Popular Posts