The Pickle Party Is TWO!

(this is a week late on posting, my apologies for redundant, sappy content) :)

Two years ago, on Easter Sunday, in a faraway place called Fairbanks…a little girl was born. We were completely unaware that we were about to receive an unexpected gift. The next morning – Monday (April Fool’s Day) – we received another “can we show your portfolio” call. I immediately felt the butterflies of hope in my stomach and said “of course”! I called el husbando and I he asked for details; boy or a girl, etc. I told him that I didn’t even ask! Then a few hours later, we received word that we should probably fly to Fairbanks and meet our little girl. A day later, we flew home with our little Pickle and life has been a whirlwind of excitement since then.

The adoption process is full of uncertainties, but we knew that we had one job until we knew if we would be her forever home. Our job was to love her, make her feel safe, and create a bond with her. I can tell you, it would have been impossible to avoid doing any of those things. The second we met that wrinkled, scowling little munchkin we were in love. I am looking forward to watching her write her own story. For now...here are just a couple highlights from the last two years. Most of these seriously crack me up...
 
xo,
Dee

Scowling: I simply don't have enough blog space to show all of these...here are a couple of gems (from 24 hours old to two years...).
  
Spontaneous Narcolepsy Phase: Jen-Jen captured every single one of these. At around six months old, Pickle wouldn't nap willingly at home. However, when she arrived at daycare, she couldn't keep her eyes open.
 
 

Two Year Old Dance Moves: so...I have Auntie's Pong & Ape to thank for most of these moves - okay, maybe not all of them. Mommy might have the "full body dry heave" style of dancing, but whatever. Auntie Ape is known for shaking her booty and Pickle caught on quickly. During this introduction, Auntie Pong decided that "Wiggle" was a good song choice. I commend them both for teaching her things that are going to haunt me through her teen years. These amazing photos were taken by Kelsey Stone of Stone Designs - aweshum!
 
An ode to her Tanker, with delicious photos of both of them, is here: http://moondeela.blogspot.com/2015/01/goodbye-tanker.html

Happy Spring, y'all!

Comments

Popular Posts