Viking Girl

midieval weapon pushpins
Holy schnikes!  Whatever I ate before bedtime last night helped with some crazy dreams!  In addition to waking my hubby up at 3AM telling him that it was snowing (which it was not), I dreamt that hubby was throwing a ginormous party in our house and there were children practicing with Midieval weapons in our living room...specifically a kid with a crossbow shooting at walls inside the house.  Wow!  Funny enough, my favorite daily blog featured these today...midieval weapon pushpins.  Hell yes, sign me up!

Being of Scandinavian descent, I've always had an inclination toward all things Viking...and the plundering and pillaging that go along with it.  Our fam has a business named Viking Lumber and a tugboat called the Berserkr.  Awesomeness.

Berserkers (or berserks) were Norse warriors who are reported in the Old Norse literature to have fought in a nearly uncontrollable, trance-like fury, a characteristic which later gave rise to the English word berserk. (Source: Wikipedia)


I like to imagine my brother cruising along in the Bezerkr with his beard flowing in the wind...it's good stuff.
Some of my favorite Vikings on the Beserkr

To pay homage to all things Viking...here are some lovely items that I've collected today.


Beserker shirt that would look fab on Bryce-a-roni 


I've been bugging several folks to find someone to knit me a couple of these,


Knitted Viking Hat
because I really want this one, but they are out of stock indefinitely...
Sundance Catalog
In case you're about to go into battle (like the kid in my dream),
you might need these:
Etsy
Or if you're just into a fabulous piece of Viking jewelry, here's a fabulous Thor's hammer pendant...
Thor's Hammer on Etsy
If you know our family, then you know that we miss our Thor very much...he was a great Viking and we think of him often. 


And if you're really feeling it...build your own Viking ship to sail into Valhalla


Viking Ship Plans


Until next time...go out and plunder your own village!  And make sure you tell your loved ones how much they mean to you before you head off into battle.  :)



Comments

wagthedad said…
OK, so thanks so much for the link to the T-shirts. They. Are. Awesome. I just sent the link to my Danish friend, who is really into the whole Berserker/Valhalla thing.

And who wouldn't be? Heaven is a huge beer hall, and you get there by being a burping, farting, killing machine?
Mom said…
Hells yeah! BTW - you had me at "huge beer hall"!

Popular Posts