Curvy Girls Rock!

One of our goals when we opened Mabel McKinley was to provide amazing, cute clothing for all shapes and sizes.  This turned out to be more difficult than we imagined.  Apparently designers only think that clothing should only be made for size 8 and smaller. What the foxtrot?  I know...it seriously pisses me off too!  Especially since I'm on the curvy side...I should be able to wear cute clothing from my own shop, right?  In fact, our adorable little shop girl told me that I was "the epitome of curvy" the other day.  If you've read my earlier posts, you know that I'm not all that thrilled to hear that...

I was riled up earlier today because I was trying to find some holiday dresses for ALL of our customers...not an easy task, because of the aforementioned designers.  And some of our favorite designs are sold in S-L only (with a 3/2/1 split)...m`eaning we only get one large.  How many of you are larger than a size 8 here?  "Edzachary"!  And the (1) large sells out immediately. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not picking on petite and/or small girls - but I would love for our curvy Alaskan chicks to have a greater selection of these GORGEOUS dresses!  I think you're all beautiful - curves or not.  Let's face it, women are beautiful!  :)

Here are some prime examples:

Love this dress, but it's only available for us to order in (3) smalls, (2) mediums, and (1) large. Lovely, right?  But, come on...curvy chicks would love this!

 

And searching kimono style dresses on a "plus" size site...this is what I come up with. Yes, it's cute...but come on, where are the sequins and the sass?!

 
I could go on and on all day (believe me!), but I won't. My message for the day is directed at fashion designers...help us "curvy" girls out and provide your AMAZING designs in larger sizes. I promise - you won't be sorry! xo

Comments

Unknown said…
When you are plus size it is so hard to find dresses! Thanks for this post. Maybe it will get the word out.

http://fromadaughter.blogspot.com

Popular Posts