Delectable Lip Balm Success!

Love Spell Sugar Scrub
Crafty Thursday was entertaining, as usual.  The experimental lip balms and sugar scrub were a surprising success.  With a few tweaks to the sugar scrub recipe from yesterday, Syd & Kam perfected their recipe by adding more sugar/less oil...and some extra flavoring.    Coconut and Love Spell were the clear winners. We also used a very coarse organic sugar from Natural Pantry...mixed with a cup of white sugar. Kam brought these fabulous mini mason jars - perfect for gift-giving with a slash of ribbon, a funky label and paired with a delish lip balm - boo-yah.

Lip Balm Supplies
Speaking of...the lip balm is another story entirely.  I decided to "experiment" with several things.  Since I had beeswax, almond oil, coconut oil, glycerine, vitamin e, macadamia nut oil, etc. on hand - it seemed like a good idea to try different concoctions.  Well...it was, except I neglected to write down my experimental recipes and have no idea what is what.  :)  Awesome.  I "think" our favorite was 2 parts coconut oil, 1 part almond oil, a smidgen of glycerine (so Julie Andrews), one vitamin E tablet, some lip safe mica coloring and essential oils. 
 

My favorites were the watermelon and love spell.
Delectable Lip Balms!
They are certainly pretty...but I'm at a loss for what the "best" one might be.  So...don't be afraid to just try it - you have to make some mistakes along the way to magical concoctions!

Lovely Tins of Sugar Scrub
On a side note...I was wiping so much experimental goo on my lips and hands last night that they are both buttery soft.  Now, if I can locate my husband this morning...I could test them out.  :)


Comments

Popular Posts